The good old days? - Throwback Thursday

I'll be honest: I love my MacBook. I love my iPad, and all the other gadgets and gizmos I own. However, every now and then, I find myself thinking back to the early days of my blog, my first netbook, and how things that seem quaint now were the best of the best back then. Like this beauty from back in 2009 for example. I started my blogging career on that thing.



That's how I got started. On an Acer 110L netbook, with a 1.6Ghz Intel Atom N270 CPU, a whopping 512 MB of RAM, an 8GB SSD, and an 8.9 inch display, with a max resolution of 1024x600. For someone like me, who had just landed his first full-time unlimited job, this was a revelation. Sure, it couldn't hold a candle to a full-size notebook even then, but it still was a major milestone for me. It also marked the first time I was exposed to Linux.





The less said about Linpus Lite, the Linux distribution packaged with the Aspire One 110L, the better. It was limited, to say the least. Only when I switched to Ubuntu in 2010 did the 110L really show it's potential. That's when my blogging got started as well. Sometimes, I really do miss those days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logitech K780 Wireless Keyboard & M720 Triathlon Wireless Mouse

Drowning out the world? - Sony MDR ZX110NA Review

Ballincollig - From Boom to Bust and Back again