Merry Christmas to all my readers

Another year is almost over, and the festive season is in full swing, indeed, it is nearing it's end. Once more, people are racing to and fro, trying desperately to get presents or the last crucial ingredients for that oh so traditional christmas dinner. More or less tasteful christmas lights adorn buildings throughout the cities, towns and villages, and radio stations up and down the country seem to have switched to the same type of playlists.
For me, Christmas season 2015 is a special one, as I've been able to spend these still somewhat magical days with my family for the first time since migrating to Ireland back in 2012. Quite a change from last year, when my colleagues and I were so caught up in day-to-day ops that christmas was just another day for our management teams to walk around in funny clothes at work. It was so busy in fact, that I didn't even find time to write christmas messages on my two blogs.
Even though a colleague of mine and I both got lucky to get a chance to fly home this year, there are still hundreds, thousands of people working tirelessly even through these special days, many of whom are my colleagues and whom I am honoured to call my friends. Often they are abroad, hundreds or thousands kilometres away from their families. Do not let that bring you down or spoil the special nature of these days, spend time with your friends, look out for one another, especially for those who may not be too well integrated into the social circles yet, or have just arrived. After all, christmas is not some liturgical rite run down in church like a checklist. Christmas is a celebration by humans, and therefore it is what humans make of it.
A very merry Christmas and happy holidays to all the readers of this blog, and to your loved ones, wherever you, or they, may be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Logitech K780 Wireless Keyboard & M720 Triathlon Wireless Mouse

Drowning out the world? - Sony MDR ZX110NA Review

Ballincollig - From Boom to Bust and Back again